Kneading, rolling, poking, and punching a big pile of playdough can work wonders for easing stress for children and adults alike. Customize your playdough by adding these essential oils to create different types of healing doughs. Always check for allergies before using any ingredients.
• Sick Day/Breathe Easy: 10 drops of one of the following - Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Peppermint, or Respiratory Blend (can add cloves)
• Calming: 10 drops of Lavender or chamomile essential oil (you can also add dried lavender petals)
• Harmonizing: 10 drops of Rose essential oil (you can also add rose petals)
• Uplifting: 10 drops of orange essential oil (you can add zest from orange or grapefruit)
• Concentration: 10 drops of rosemary (you can add rosemary or thyme herbs)
Equipment Needed: 1.5 cups of flour, ½ cup salt, 2 tsp. cream of tartar, 2 Tbsp. vegetable or coconut oil, 1 cup boiling water plus 1-2 tsp. of color, 10 drops of the essential oil of your choice
For more activities and discussion related to calming your children and creating stress free environments be sure to check out the rest of April's blog: Being the Calm in the Storm